Saturday, January 8, 2011

Metamorphisis

I think I spelled that wrong. Metamorphesis with an 'e'? isis with an 'i'? idk, oh, well. What I am getting at is lately I find myself saying all these snobby phrases and after I say them, I laugh, and think, 'did that just come out of my mouth'?

What am I turning into?

Case in point...

At a hardware store searching for a replacement part for the handheld-shower-part-thingy for the whirlpool tub. Growing frustrated and unsure what to call this part to the sales rep, I exasperatingly say to the sales rep 'every whirlpool tub has one!'. Mind you, I just upgraded to a whirlpool tub a few years ago myself. Pretty arrogant of me to assume everybody has whirlpool tubs these days. I told that story to my sister and she chimed in with this stuffy voice, 'just like your father's and your father's father'.

Then I was giving a little speech to the people at work about how they should make sure they arrive at work with everything they are supposed to bring for the day because self-discipline and blah blah blah and if you have to wake up five minutes earlier to make sure you can look through your garage for whatever you left there last week then you should do it blah blah blah. Afterwards, I realized that of the group I was speaking, too, they all live in 2 areas and neither of which have houses that have garages. Oopsie.

The funniest though was in a recent convo with my husband about how I wanted to live in a mansion and he needs to figure it out and I'll give him ten years to get us there, I think that's reasonable--he cuts in with, 'this is a mansion'--and I spat back in a whiny voice, 'this is a mini-mansion'. LOL, I laughed after. I realize what I sound like after-the-fact and can still laugh at myself about it--for now anyway. How long until I forget myself and that person who surfaces here and there actually becomes me?

But seriously, hon, 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment