Monday, January 17, 2011

Lifetime Movies

I developed a new interest in Craigslist after watching the lifetime movie about the Craigslist Killer. I know CL took down their erotic services add but that couldn't have stopped it, they probably just post somewhere else. Somewhere else like the casual encounters section.

So, I'm crusing through casual encounters fighting the urge to respond and tell these desperate people what their doing wrong--posting pics of their youknowwhat. I don't think women get on these sights and look for that. And even worse than those guys, are the ones who post pics of them in bed with someone else. What type of response is that supposed to inspire? I kind of feel sad for the girl in the pic. Then I kind of feel sad for the guy in the pic b/c he is just way off base if this is what he's posting to entice a new love interest.

Then I think, maybe I have it all wrong. Maybe I'm the weird one here. Maybe there is a whole world out there of women who find those types of ads & pics appealing.

Then I think...who are they?

The women who respond to those ads???

Do I pass them by at Wal-mart? Do they live next door? Do we work togethor?

I am looking at all of you with more scrutiny now. I'm wondering which of you Wal-mart shoppers are the one who put a pic on CL? And which of you hum-drum housewives at the playground are the one who responded?

CL changed the way I see people this weekend.

Then the dominant/submissive ads. So, for clarity as I read these, my inner voice provides feedback to the ads, which I'll share here in some parts. One starts off asking if I want a massage. I kind of roll my shoulders and think I could use one. Then he goes on to say he wants to lick feet clean after the massage. Well, he lost me there. I keep reading. Now, it's becoming another of my fascinations with observing human nature. My others are reality TV, true crime books, crime shows, and of course, blogs.

So, another ad was from some dom. That means dominant person in the whole role-play thing they do; I'm all acting like I know. OK, so the dom opens with the line 'you know you want it.' I ask myself 'do I?' Then I tell myself, 'I have been cooking up a storm this weekend only to chew up bites and spit them out because I am cutting weight, so maybe I do hate myself and I AM the person who is supposed to be reading this ad.' So, I continue reading. These doms are tricky. They tell you something is a fact and you proceed to the next step of their logic b/c they're so self-assured. Then, when the next line is something scary about clothespins, my inner voice replies back with a sarcastic, 'ahhhhh, you tricked me, you dom. I don't want your clothes pins, I just like to create things in the kitchen and am under a lot of stress right now to be a certain size.'

Now you may be wondering how my 3 days of 0 calories consumed & 500 burnt went. It lasted one day. The next day I consumed 1000 (b/c I was frickn' starving) and burnt 600. Then today, I have only had a cup of coffee and I licked my fingers when I was making cake. To be nice to myself I made sure there was a big goop of batter on my fingers. Then it was starting to add up so I finally started wiping them on a paper towel. But I didn't work out today b/c my mind isn't right. I haven't seen results in the last few days and I got disheartened after stepping off the scale and said screw it I'm not working out this morning.

I am asking myself when will all this dieting end. If I give in and eat whatever I want I will be overweight. I will live the rest of my life smelling delicious food I can't eat. Aging sucks. Your metabolism slows down, but your appetite keeps right on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment