Friday, July 9, 2010

Why, yes, I have been drinking

Have you, or has anyone out there, ever had the urge to cuss out an answering machine b/c why the f&*^ aren't they answering. Is it b/c they know it is you. Then, the whole time I am listening to this message, I am taking it personally. Like, the person is not answering b/c they know it is me and don't want to accept my call. When I hear the beep, after I have built up this anger for the past 20 seconds or so, I want to cuss them out. I want to say, "Aw, fuck you, go to hell." as my message.

Then I flash back to 5 years ago, or so, and I remember my sister calling a guy and getting the answering machine. I remember how she wanted to call back and cuss out that answering machine. The same way I do right now. I remember stopping her and saying that he probably really was still working since the last time they talked, since he and I were in the same line of work, and hadn't gotten a chance to call back. Really. Just give him two hours. And you know what? They are happily married right now with a beautiful baby boy.

Sigh.

So, I don't cuss out the answering machine but I still feel so angry that MY call wasn't answered. In my head, he glances at the phone, sees it's me, thinks 'oh, big deal. she just wants to complain about the dishes or vacuuming. I'm busy.' and doesn't answer. Then I feel enraged b/c I drank wine and watched a movie after the kids went to bed. Sometimes I get all feisty when I drink. Just let an answering machine answer...B/c hey, I'm not home right now, sometimes. Just a few sometimes. Those are fighting words.

But whatever.

I want to wax philosophical to my blog here. and I don't think one post will do. I am going to post this and write ANOTHER one.

No comments:

Post a Comment