Monday, February 13, 2012

Oh. Shut. Up.

Autism blogs where have you been all my life? That's what I thought when I first stumbled into one. But I am let down. It's just a bunch of annoying twerps with high functioning kids who see nothing but silver linings. Of course they do. Their kids friggin talk for one thing. What do they have to be concerned about. Shame on them for calling themselves an autism blog when they are barely on the spectrum and have no idea, by what they write, the terrible see-saw of hope and disappointment that most special parents go through.

It goes like this. Maybe today, maybe today I will reach him. If not today, maybe he'll be ready for kindergarten. Not there yet? Maybe when he's 6 or 7. Maybe when he's 10. Maybe. And those milestones you wait for never come and you wonder if you'll grow old still thinking maybe today, maybe today.

Now here is something helpful, I heard about something called a special needs trust. That is something I need to learn about. I have been worried about my death. I dodn't know what resources were out there. I think I will look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment