Sunday, May 1, 2011

He Should Say

So, my husband misplaces his credit card and asks me for it. I say I haven't had it for days. He proceeds to look through my wallet and purse. I let him, I ask to look through his wallet to make sure he didn't overlook it. He ignores me. The card is lost, officially lost. I can tell by the knot in his eyebrow that he is blaming me. I remind him of the last time he used the card (at the gas station the day earlier) and proceed to remind him, the last time I used the card was days before that (at wal-mart). He is without a doubt the loser of the card.

So, he finds another thing to pick a fight with me about. Because now he is just upset and full of venom and needs to find something that is my fault. Then we end up fighting over the mortgage, which I am no longer paying into. I tell him he is lucky he is married to someone who paid into it as long as I did because it is a luxury none of his co-workers have and oh, by the way, some women don't pay anything at all to their husbands. Then I unloaded my own bit of venom on that topic which ended with me saying that I would just move out with the kids and problem solved.

Now, he finds himself in pout mode upstairs in the guest room where he retreated to with his individually prepared plate of spaghetti when he realized that when provoked I will take an argument into divorce-talk territory. Now he is walking around all pout-sacked out of it and actually has me apologizing to him.

I may have committed full-frontal argument assault but he goes and lays the guilt trips on me and has me saying sorry to him when he started the argument in the first place--over a topic we were already agreed upon--and just because he was pissy over losing his card. He should be sorry to me. He should say, 'you're right, I can't do it without you.'

I never get that type of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment