Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer 2011

In September, when I look back at this summer in hindsight, I will remember the swimming pool with Ian bravely jumping in from the sides and Riley clutching my swimsuit for dear life.

I will remember riding the beach cruiser with the carriage attached to the back around the neighborhood, but never by the duckpond after the time Ian tried to jump out while the bike was moving because he was so excited about the ducks and the water.

I will remember my boys sweet identical brown eyes in the rear-view mirror and how we all three like country.

I will remember my boys piling in a dogpile on me, both clamoring for the biggest hugs, and me trying to hug both equally and simultaneously.

I will remember your faces at the fireworks.

I will remember chasing Ian on the beach and putting Riley to sleep in the shade of the umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment